Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
What does HIPAA stand for?
Answer: HIPAA stands for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and includes six complex regulations that aim at standardizing health care transactions, code sets, patient privacy and security.
HIPAA compliance is the responsibility of everyone who works with Pain Management Consultants, including employees, physicians, volunteers and contractors.
HIPAA External Resources
- Office of Civil Rights Website
- HIPAA Summit Website
- HcPro's HealthCare MarketPlace
- HIPAA Advisory Website
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- American Health Information Management Association
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society